Wednesday, September 10, 2008

We Remember

I'm sure that we can all remember where we were and what we were doing when we first realized what was happening to this great nation 7 years ago. I was student teaching at Alwood High School in Woodhull, Illinois. I wasn't teaching 1st hour, and turned my attention to the TV. I actually watched live as the 2nd plane hit the tower, and watched the towers crumble. Those images are engraved in my mind forever. When I saw that second plane hit, I knew that this was no accident.

Now that we(Adam, the rest of us through him) are involved in the fire service, the day has even more significance. The reality of these people putting their lives on the line is something we are keenly aware of.

May we take a moment's pause on September 11 to remember those who gave their lives in those tragic events that have forever changed us.

And, Happy Birthday, Dad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home