Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The time has come...




Well folks, it is time. The day has arrived for me to send my baby to Kindergarten. I really don't mind sending him to school - I think I am just as excited as he is for him to learn new things, meet new people, and have lots of fun. The kid is a sponge and needs the opportunities. I always liked school, and obviously I still must given that I am an educator and I can't peel myself away from taking classes. BUT - the idea of him spending more time with other people than with me bothers me. And for the first time, someone in his life is going to know more than we do (or so he thinks - no offense, Nicole!). We visited the room and the teacher today, and he really loved it. The pics are of him with his ridiculously full backpack(just for today so we could get all the supplies to school), him in front of his school ($50 to the person who can guess the name of the school! ha ha), and him with his teacher Mrs. Seward and her aide Mrs. Jones. He REALLY wanted these pics taken so the grandparents in Missouri wouldn't miss out on his first day of school. So, tomorrow, with a torn heart, I will pull up and drop him off and begin a new era of my motherhood. This school really doesn't like you lingering with them, that's why they had the "visit" day today, so tomorrow you can jump right in and learn how to deal with the insane drop-off and pick-up line (the procedures practically require a degree in engineering to manage them). Let me say this - I don't like to get too wishy - washy about stuff, but I'm glad I have a meeting to go to tomorrow to help focus my mind on something else.



PS-We have Halloween costumes in the works - Si will be a Bee (ha ha - that was fun to type) and J is going to be his Beekeeper. Should be interesting - kudos to Crystal for your help so far and hopefully more to come!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home