Monday, October 13, 2008

Beautiful Galena


Whoa, call the fire department! She's too hot to touch!


Love these shades of orange. The early morning light was awesome! It's unfortunate I am not more of a morning person.

That is such a lovely face Sherri :)

Come on, ladies, make a decision...

I like how this one contrasted - it caught my eye.


So today I am enjoy a nice day off from school! I am trying to get some stuff done around the house, but I decided to update this blog and Facebook, and with those combined with a playdate not much has been accomplished yet.



This weekend I went to Galena for the Country Fair. What a great time! It's like the Spoon River Drive, only a bit better. I took care of a couple of xmas presents, and enjoyed some grown-up conversation! I even honed in on my beauty skills by waxing Trish's eyebrows and lip, not to mention cutting her bangs and putting makeup on her! Isn't she smokin'???



I didn't take as many pics as I wanted to for two reasons: 1) When we were in Galena on Sat. the crowds were HORRIBLE and the sun was very BRIGHT, which you will learn I HATE when it comes to taking pictures, and 2)the colors weren't at peak yet and weren't as brilliant as I thought. Next weekend I know it will be SPECTACULAR up there! I think I will do another post of just some more pics after this one. I need to look at my pics a little closer before I do.



The boys survived fine without me, but as much as I looked forward to getting away I thought about them the entire time! Adam is perfectly capable of handling them, but still, I missed them! And now as I sit here and Si is refusing to take a nap and trying to bite the computer, I'm thinking maybe I should start planning for the getaway next year already...



Okay, busy week ahead, must go accomplish something. Adam and I will only be home together 1 night this week! Yikes!

3 Comments:

Blogger Swanson's said...

Looks like you had fun. I love to take pics too, I set the kids up and make them pose. Of course they hate to do this. I think if you click on my name it will take you to my blog. Oh and I felt the same way about not knowing if anyone was reading it and got a counter at the bottom of mine.

October 13, 2008 at 3:51 PM  
Blogger Tricia said...

Nice pics, Margie! I think one of them is quite incriminating, even if you did say I was "smoking hot". Thanks for the wax job, dear. I'm sure it will be grown out in time for next year....tsk tsk. Have a great week!

October 14, 2008 at 6:47 AM  
Blogger sherri said...

great pictures!

October 14, 2008 at 8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home